Last Updated: February 25, 2022
This Privacy Notice explains how information about you, that directly identifies you, or that makes you identifiable (“personal information”) is collected, used and disclosed by Goodwater Capital d/b/a Good Life (“Good Life,” “we”, “our” or “us”) in connection with our website at www.goodlifesite.com (the “Site”) and any services we provide to you on the Site (collectively with the Site, the “Services”).
From time to time, we may also provide you with additional privacy notices or disclosures – often referred to as “just in time” disclosures – where the scope of the inquiry, request, or personal information we require falls outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. These just-in-time disclosures may supplement or clarify our privacy practices or may provide you with additional choices about how we process your data. Please note that this Privacy Notice does not cover or apply to our processing of information about our employees or contractors.
Our Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information You Provide
We collect the following personal information you provide in connection with our Services:
- Contact Information, including your first and last name, phone number, and email address.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we collect certain personal information automatically when you visit our Services, including:
- Log File Data, including your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser id, date/time of visit, and pages visited.
- Analytics Data, including the electronic path you take to our Services, through our Services and when exiting our Services, as well as your usage and activity on our Services, such as the links and object you view, click, or otherwise interact with (also known as “Clickstream Data”).
- Location Data, including your general geographic location based on your IP address or more precise location when accessing our Services through a mobile device.
Personal Information from Third Party Sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources, which we may combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from you.
We receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Service Providers. Our service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as analytics and certain marketing providers, collect personal information and may share some or all of this information with us. For example, we receive information from social media advertising partners that direct you to our Services.
- Business Partners. Our business partners who make offers available on through our Services may share information about the effectiveness of our ad campaigns. For example, our partners may share information about your interactions with offers on our Site.
- Marketing Partners. Our marketing partners may share information about how you interact with our advertising campaigns on social media or other sites. We use this information for internal analytics and to target future advertisements based on your preferences.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from other sources, including through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We may combine this information with other information we collect from or about you. In these cases, our Privacy Notice governs the handling of the combined personal information. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- For our business activities, including to operate our Services and provide you with the features and functionality of our Services.
- To market and advertise our Services and the services of our partners.
- To communicate with you and respond to requests.
- For analytics and research purposes.
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements.
- For any other lawful purpose or other purpose to which you consent.
If you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill your request or respond to your inquiry. We may provide additional privacy disclosures where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy disclosures will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time.
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Site or otherwise engage with our Services. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
We, and our third-party partners, use tracking technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
- Information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser or your account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other such information. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
- When you access our sites from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
- Information about the way you access and use our Services, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Services, the pages you visit, the links you click, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Services from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Sites.
- We may collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Services and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and view its opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (b) identify you across multiple devices; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services; (f) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Site; (g) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (h) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Services.
Third-Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We may share, or we may permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our Site over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on other websites or apps, or on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time, and date you visited the site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our Services or on other websites, apps, or services. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. We may also display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our Services or our clients’ services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them.
Google Analytics and Advertising. We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to our Services. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Opt-Out. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able to set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the sites, as some features on our Services may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android).
To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and you can opt-out of receiving some interest-based advertisements on mobile apps by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android).
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following ways:
- With Good Life’s Affiliates: We are able to offer you the products and services we make available because of the hard work of your team members across all Good Life entities. Good Life entities disclose personal information to other Good Life entities for purposes and uses that are consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Service Providers: We share personal information with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf, which are subject to reasonable confidentiality terms, and may include processing payments, provide web hosting services, technology support providers, analytics providers, and data storage providers.
- Marketing and Business Partners: We may share information with our portfolio companies so that they can provide you with information and marketing messages about products or services that may interest you. These companies may use your information in accordance with their own privacy policies – please refer to these privacy policies for specific questions regarding their use of your personal information.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
- to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Consent: We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third parties with your consent.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Our Services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Except where we post, link to, or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Nevada: Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us at [email protected]
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on this website or our Services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please contact us at [email protected].